Daily Announcements for the Week of September 4, 2018
- A representative Texas Wesleyan will be available Tuesday during all lunches. Please stop by and visit to get information about TWU, if you are interested.
- Congratulations to the Running Broncos who finished 2nd for the JV Girls, 3rd for the JV Boys, and 9th for the Varsity boys this weekend at the Burleson Invitational. Girls runner of the week was Kristen Felan, Boys runner of the week was Caleb Kutch, and the Bronco Pride runner of the week was Anais Coyne! See you back on the course this weekend at the James Smith Invitational.
- Students and Teachers- be aware that beginning this week our Security Guard will begin issuing tickets for anyone not in compliance with the parking lot regulations.
- Oklahoma Baptist University Representatives will be here on Monday, September 10 to share what their college has to offer. Stop by their table and check it out!
- Ever thought about becoming a teacher? There’s a club for that! Texas Association of Future Educators will have our first meeting in Mrs. Taylor’s room Wednesday, September 5th at 3:00 PM.
- Interested in joining the Fishing Club? Please stop by Ms. Smith room, AS216 today to pick up your membership packet. It will be located in the blue folder on the door. It needs to be completed and turned in NO LATER THAN Thursday, September 6th. Please see or email Ms. Smith if you have any questions.
- Yearbook photos for underclassmen will be taken Sept. 5 and 6 during English classes. You'll receive order forms and information from your English teachers the class before. If you're in TCC English, you'll need to get the forms from Mr. Mallett in the journalism room or check legacystudentmedia.com for the online order form.
- Seniors who have not taken a yearbook photo: These are the last two days you can get a photo made for the yearbook. You will NOT be excused from class on Sept 5 or 6 for a photo, so you'll need to make arrangements during a senior release, lunch or after school.
- If you enjoy helping others and want to volunteer in our school and community, then the INTERACT CLUB is the place for you. We will be meeting on Wednesday, September 5th at 3pm in the Legacy counseling office. This club is open to all grade levels. Please come see what this club is all about! If you have any questions, please stop by and see Mrs. Julius in the counseling office.
- Attention Juniors: Jostens will be on campus taking your ring orders on Thursday & Friday, September 6th and 7th. You will need your first payment of at least $75 and your order form to place your order. Remember…you can print off your order form online at www.jostens.com to speed up the ordering process here at school.
- If you are interested in working at Six Flags during Fright Fest - representatives from Six Flags will be in the Cafeteria during all lunches Tuesday highlighting job opportunities.
- Thursday is “Roast the Eagles” Day – be sure to wear your chef/cook attire. Join the student section for our game against Crowley 7:00 pm. @ Newsom Stadium.
- Do you enjoy golfing but are not on the golf team? Legacy is needing to form a team for the 11th Annual Dr. Michael A. Evans Sr., SCHOLARSHIP GOLF CLASSIC for this Saturday, September 8 at 8:00 AM at the Tierra Verde Golf Club in Arlington. We need four non-golf team members to compete for our campus. Hurry and speak with Coach Redwine or Coach Word if you are interested. A generous donor has agreed to pay all fees…so you will be able to join at no cost to you. What an awesome opportunity. The four slots will fill fast….hurry and get involved!
- African Students Union will be meeting Thursday at 3pm in Denge's room V303.
- Ladies who are interested in becoming a part of the Ladies of Legacy Club, please return permission slips no later than this Friday, September 7th. If you need a permission slip, see Mrs. DeGray in the 2nd floor AP office suite or Ms. Alamudun in J125. Permission slips can be returned to either of these locations.
- The Silver Spurs organization of the week is The Spanish Honor Society! Sponsored by Mrs. Suarez. The Spanish Honor Society is open to everyone who has taken up to Spanish 3. Embracing and Learning more about the Hispanic culture by crafting, conducting community service, as well as many more fun activities. Stop by Mrs. Suarez in room J103 and join!
- Interact Club will meet on Wednesday, September 12th at 3pm in the Counseling office. Interact Club works with the Mansfield Rotary Club to complete community service projects throughout the year. All students are welcomed to join. If you have any questions, please stop by and see Mrs. Julius in the counseling office.
- Next Week's Theme is Fade to Black Out-- dress up days:
Monday - wear all white
Tuesday- pastel perfect - baby pink, blue or yello
Wednesday - Camo Day
Thursday - Galaxy Day- dark, blues, purples and starry— like the night sky
Friday - black out wear all black or your black out shirt!!
Black Out shirts will be available on Tuesday during lunches. We ordered extra so come get one while they last!!!