Daily Announcements for the Week of 5/7/18
- Anime Club will have its final meeting Thursday. Join us for our annual water balloon fight. See you then!
- Please check the lost & found at the front desk if you are missing anything. Unclaimed items will be donated after next Friday the 18th.
- Join Legacy Theatre for a trip to Almost, Maine. The Theatre Production class has put together a quaint look at relationships in their production of Almost, Maine by John Cariani. The show will take place on stage in the Legacy PAC on Thursday and Friday at 7pm. These are pay what you can performances, so bring your spare change or a couple of bucks and join us for our last production of the year!
- Perfect attendance for week of 4/30
9th Grade – 371 students
10th Grade – 340 students
11th Grade – 298 students
12th Grade – 243 students
62% of students were present and on time for every class period last week!! Kudos to our students. Our attendance gets better and better each week. 2.5 more weeks to go.
Students, if you have received a perfect attendance award certificate, please remember to take by the StuCo Store to get your free t-shirt.
- University of Arkansas will be here Tuesday to share what their university has to offer.
- We still have more than 20 seniors who have no turned in their school-issued iPad.
Remember, you do not have to have the charger or the case with you to turn it in.
All that Ms. Retchless wants is the iPad. The case and charger can be returned later.
They need to be turned in this week, no excuses.
If you have any problems or questions, please go see Ms. Retchless in J-120 today.
- Congratulations to the staff of Legacy's Yearbook and The Rider Online. Both publications won a Gold Star from UIL this weekend. This is UIL's top award for student publications. Legacy Student Media also won 30 individual awards including a Tops in Texas award to Asher Stuart for a yearbook page. Adviser Rachel Dearinger won the Edith Fox King award for outstanding contributions to scholastic journalism in Texas and 1st place in the adviser's photo challenge. AND Kathryn Pedroza placed THIRD in the state UIL academic meet in journalism. Congratulations to all journalism students and advisers in another successful year.
- Legacy Fishing Club has qualified for state! We may be small, but we are mighty. Time to reel in some scholarship money! If you see Logan Taylor and Austin Van Zandt before May 18th, wish them luck and say Congrats! If any teacher is willing to take over as a sponsor, let Mrs. McGarr know. I will not be sponsoring the club after this year. There are a few students wanting to participate, and they have a boat available.
- Seniors: Ponder Clap Out for Legacy, Friday, May 11, 8:30 AM
- There will be a meeting for any athlete planning on or thinking about running Cross Country next year after school Tuesday, May 8 immediately after school in AJ-104. Please come to sign up and pick up a summer training packet. If you cannot make it please stop by during the day to sign up. This meeting is extremely important
- Seniors- Please email me a photo for this year’s graduation slide show.
Dr. Butler: email@example.com Forward school appropriate pictures of you involved in school events, at the prom, at home with family, etc. The slide show will be shown while we wait to go on stage at The Center on the morning of May 26th. If you have a song suggestion (clean version/lyrics) to go along with the slide show, please forward me the name of that song and artist with your pictures. I’ll be accepting pictures through Wed, May 16th.
- TCC students will finish their spring classes May 10. They are still allowed to not be in class during their TCC class time on May 11. Beginning May 14, MISD requires that they attend school during their TCC class time, and the students have been told to report to the library. I have already been asked, “What happens if I don’t go?” My response was that they are expected to attend. I told the students to check with their AP if they have questions about this attendance rule. Reminder: You must turn in your TCC textbooks on the day of your TCC final.
- If you are taking summer TCC classes through Mansfield ISD class sections, then your payment is $65 per class and is due to the Legacy bookkeeper by May 16.
- Attention Juniors: We are having a junior parent night for students and parents on Monday, May 14th. The program will start at 6:30 pm in the Legacy PAC. We will be presenting on important information regarding your senior year, college admissions, and financial aid. Please plan to attend this event on May 14th at 6:30 pm.